Monday, July 29, 2013

Galloping to the end

The end of the month is nigh. Yippee? Soon it will be my month - Augustus! Yay! I can hardly wait. There is so much going on in August. Like, um, er...well, ok, so there isn't a lot planned for August now, but every day there is potential for something extraordinary to occur. True, most days nothing too outside the norm actually does occur, but the potential is always there.

Today, for instance, could be the end of the world. Or aliens could land in Washington, DC. Or I could get a splinter. Hmm, which of these is most likely and which least? I am heading to Smith today to do some puttering with David. We don't have a lot to do - just setting up the sound system, I believe. And maybe tracing a cable or two. We might or might not have a staff meeting. And I need to call a bride and see what her expectations are for her wedding ceremony she is having at the Smith in August. See, I might get a splinter.

Meanwhile, back at the homestead, no exciting news to share. Mom watched Seabiscuit the other day. I didn't, so I can't really re-report on it. We saw it when it came out. I think she liked it. So hard to tell. My GPS is all happily updated. The coins remain unsorted. Books uncatalogued. Laundry unwashed. Glarp. Baby steps. Life moves forward even while standing still or moving backward. Not that I am moving backward, thank you very much.

For those who read my blog from Facebook, you may have seen the question about how to pronounce ghoti. The answer is, of course, fish. I know, weird, right? I can't recall where I first learned about this, but looking it up on Wikipedia just now, I found out that, although often attributed to George Bernard Shaw, there is no evidence to support it being something he actually wrote about. Still, I thought it was interesting.

No comments: