Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mid Week Madness!

From the title, one might be thinking that something exciting or crazy or at least midly interesting and out of the ordinary might have occurred. Well, nope, that just isn't the case. Just had to put something there...As long time readers of this blog know, my life is, well, not that over the top right now in terms of thrills. Still, it wasn't a bad day. Few are.

I had thought I was going to spend the afternoon and evening in rehearsal for the opera. But that didn't happen. As I was starting to pack up (I take my laptop) to go to afternoon rehearsal, I noticed a call from the director - Al - saying that they were taking the afternoon off. Yippee! The next rehearsal segment was at 7, which was fine by me.

At 5, there was a "volunteer appreciation" event at the Smith Opera House. I was surprised at how many people there were! I hadn't really realized just how many volunteers there are who help out around the place. A lot of familiar faces were in attendance. There was yummy food, from Club 86 I think I heard someone say, of which I had a decent amount. I even had a piece of cake! Awards were given out, speeches were made. Apparently I am going to take over for David as Technical Director or Production Coordinator or some such thing after he leaves as I was introduced to the volunteers as such. Not sure what all that entails at this point, but I do hope to find out sometime.

I didn't get out of there as early as I had thought I might. That, combined with me being full-ish from grazing at the party, made me reconsider my food plans for the evening. Not in a huge way - I just decided to give mom some leftover salmon for her protein rather than a pre-cooked chicken from Wegman's. I think I will do that tonight instead. I still got veggies and some other things at the grocery store and hurried home to prepare them for her before heading to rehearsal.

The opera is progressing nicely. I love rehearsals. I really hope that I will do some directing in the not too distant future. How that will work with the time I need to devote to mom, I don't have a clue. After rehearsal, Al and I roughed out the rehearsal/production schedule for the next few days. I love making schedules!


No comments: