Friday, December 24, 2010

Typsy Typing Totally Truculent

Ok, I just put truculent for the alliteration. Sue me, I like alliteration. If I were cleverer, I would go for allusions. Just can't be bothered. And I am not going to make any conscious biblical references. So there.

Anyway, it is Christmas Eve. On the East Coast of the US, for all of my non-existent non-east Coast, non-us Readers, it is almost midnight. And if I type quickly, which I generally do, I will get this posted before Christmas.

You know, I don't know that I believe that Christ was born at the winter solstice. I wasn't there. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence for that date. Whatever. I like Christmas. I used to sing in an Episcopalian choir. A lot. Until I went away to high school. But I am really Christian no more. My concept of God is much larger, I feel, than Christianity. Again, whatever.

My mom and I had Christmas together. My siblings and half siblings sent presents. Mom was like a kid, always wanting to start opening her presents. I made her wait until almost 6 pm. We have always opened our presents in this family on Christmas Eve, with stockings opened the next day. No stockings for us this year. I didn't get my act together. But I do think I provided a lot of good Christmas bits to my mom. Good hors d'oeuvres, good food (we had Peking Duck for our entree) and decent entertainment. We watched a mediocre Busby Berkeley film (Golddiggers of 1937) and the last forty minutes of It's A Wonderful Life. Waah! Cried a lot.

Moving on. The woman I am most enamored of, doesn't seem to recall that I am alive. Another I have a crush on, totally inappropriate, also doesn't seem to know that I am breathing similar air to her. And the women that an FB friend introduced to me - well, it is too early to call on them, but so far, I am not feeling the love. But it is Christmas and I am sure all of them are more focused on their lives and loved ones and not on me. Sigh.

Ok, it is Christmas, 2010. I have had a tad too much yummy Southern Tier beer to drink. And that is the way life goes sometimes. Happy Christmas to All and to all a Merry New Year.

No comments: