Monday, December 27, 2010

Day Six and Seven Trip to Geneva - Christmas Day and

Oops, missed a day. Truth be told, not all that exciting. Christmas day passed pretty quietly. Ok, I did type 280 personal messages, but that wasn't such a big deal. We had home made fried chicken for dinner - yummy, but not exciting. We watched another Busby Berkely movie. In fact, as of this writing, we have watched all four in the set that I gave mom for Christmas. None were scintillating, all were entertaining. Moving on. Mostly we just sat around. Same is true of Sunday. Though I did go to the store for a couple of groceries - vanilla coke, yum, and a clove of garlic. I am going to make garlic mashed potatoes today (Monday). And I did convince mom to go to the movies again. Sadly, it doesn't look like we are going to get to the Corning Museum. Maybe in the spring. Mom just doesn't want to budge out of the house.

We have had day after day of sub freezing weather and overcast skies. No Sunshine, no moonshine, no starshine. It must be starting to wear on me as well. My normal state is one of happiness. This is interspersed with moments of joy and moments of sadness. Right now, I am in a moment of sadness. Maybe it is because of the weather. You all (all six of you known followers) know that there is actually a syndrome where people get depressed when they don't get enough sunlight. That could be it. It could be because my mom thinks she isn't going to make it to her next birthday. Or that I feel guilty about leaving in a few days. Not guilty really, just not generating a great feeling, leaving mom to fend for herself once again. Her mind really is going. Not faster than it was, but it does seem more noticeable to me. Sigh.

Maybe it is my lack of dating, the lack of a significant other in my life. Still. True, this has been the state of affairs for at least four years - partially through my choice, partially with the conspiracy of the Universe. And that wears on me once in a while. In any case, blueness there is. Writing about it helps to ease the darkness. Yippee! See, all better. :)

Seriously, life is what it is. It is easy to choose to be unhappy. And every once in a while, I choose that easy path. Most of the time, I choose the equally easy choice to be happy. Choose Happy!

No comments: