Tuesday, April 27, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day 17

Today got off to a relaxing start. I only had a 30 minute drive to The Lake, so I took my time getting up and getting out. I had a huge breakfast! The highpoint of which was my Texas shaped waffle!!



I moseyed over to The Lake and was pleased to find that my memories of it were not wrong. Wow! A billboard for a Saucer! I wonder if it works...



Still a great looking Saucer. And I had an excellent time there. Race's brother was the Manager on duty - well, one of two. The other was Becca (one of only five female manages currently in the Flying Saucer Stores). It was lunch time, and they were moderately busy, so I took my time eating my chicken snack and drinking my one beer.

All of the servers and the bartender came over to say hello and pose for pictures.



On my way out, I almost asked a server in training for her picture! Good time.

The drive to Little Rock was uneventful and pleasant enough as my drives on freeways can be.

My second visit to the Little Rock store was agreeable. Nice chat with the MOD. One of the calendar models was actually there! Yippee!



No sign of the top beer knurd, but apparently, he doesn't come in that frequently anymore. Only my server was brave enough to sign my calendar and pose for a picture. Sigh.



I guess part of my reason for not being comfortable in the Saucers I am not comfortable in, is not finding a seat that I like. More on this in another post one day.

Off a little way out of the city for overnighting!

No comments: