Tuesday, April 13, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day One - Part One

So, better late than never, right? Except in juggling - better never than late...

In any case, I managed to actually get up and get out when I had planned. That is a good thing. My first planned stop was Charlotte, NC. Brunch Charlotte style! I motored more efficiently than I had thought and got there half an hour before the store opened! Yippee! This gave me time to sit and a) play a couple of tanga puzzles (more on this elsewhere) and b) catch up on email and such.

Brunch, as usual, was very tasty. I like the brunch there quite a bit. Especially the water melon! One of my favs!!



I had my favorite server, Becca, who has been at that Saucer for years and years and years! No, she isn't that old, just been there a long time. :)



Now I am going to cheat just a little. On my previous visit to Charlotte, when I finished my 16th plate, I had the great good fortune to a) meet the current plate leader, Caesar and b) get my picture taken with some lovely servers! Caesar is further along on his 17th plate than I am, but he still won't catch the guy in San Antonio. No one will, barring strange unforeseen circumstances... Sadly, Bruno wasn't around. Here are those pics:




This is Rachel!


And to top things off - two servers from the Charlotte photo shoot - Kelly on the left and Jordan on the right! I have met Mindy (another of the servers who was in the photo shoot) - think I have a picture of her somewhere - the fourth no longer works at the Charlotte Saucer.

Two yummy beers - One was Old Mecklunburg Fruh Bock (yummy) and the other was a Highland I believe. If I find my receipt, I may try and get back and edit this. Ok, found the receipt - it was a highland abbey - kinda belgian like and Ok.

Then, I was on my way. Many miles to go before I could rest. Well, not so many. Only 1:45 to Columbia, SC. I thought it was only an hour. Hmm.

No comments: