Friday, April 23, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day 13

Eeek - Thirteenth Day -

Got up to find my car covered in frost! Garg!



The drive from Redmond to Reno was along a non-thruway which was great. A really, really lovely drive. All high desert.



I might actually like Reno better than Las Vegas in some ways. It is smaller and less ostentatious than it's bigger cousin. More manageable. I got in pretty early, so went to check out the downtown. Found the Harrah's and did my $100 gamble and came out $10 ahead. I decided not to gamble the last $7.50 from Jo-Anne in Reno and to wait until I got back to Vegas for that.

Wandered around a bit, took a picture of myself in front of the famous Reno sign. Then back to the room to Tanga (Grrr Necole).



Next, my friend Patti was coming from San Francisco to meet a friend up in Reno. How random is that! It was meant to be. So I went to eat and wait for her call. Found a cool place called Brews Brothers. The beer was decent and the chicken club sandwich and fries was one of the best meals I have had in a brew pub! Yum!



Soon thereafter Patti called and we met and chatted for a while. Yippee! She was with her friend Ed Lenert who was quite an interesting guy!

No comments: