Friday, April 23, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day 12

Since my plans changed - see, I can adapt - and with Shauna's gracious invitation extended, I decided to stay a second day in scenic Redmond.



Leisurely start to the day - I got up, took a shower, did some blogging, played some Tanga (curse you Necole) and got out in time to meet Shauna at the Deschutes Brew Pub in Bend. Bend is a more populous city than Redmond. And I had had a Deschutes porter as mentioned earlier, so I was looking forward to our experience.

Lunch was yummy - wings and a side salad. And two flights of beer. The pub had 22 beers from Deschutes on tap. Most of them were decent - a few really good.



After lunch we went to pick up the kids and then picked up my car to head to the Deschutes brewery for a tour! I was surprised to see a ticket on my car. Apparently I can send in the receipt from lunch and get out of it. We shall see if that works.

Poor Fiona! She hated the smell of the brewery. Michael seemed to have fun. He was the only one of the group who asked any intelligent questions.



On the way back to Redmond, we stopped for an early dinner. I don't think either Shauna or I were particularly hungry, but the kids were. Yummy food - I hope to go back there when I am hungry one day.



Back to the homestead and some chatting before sleep! Fiona took Chuck to sleep with her!

No comments: