Monday, April 19, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day Eight

I woke up pretty early local time. Jeff is a very early riser - generally around 5 in the morning! Eeek! But because I am on East Coast Time still (sort of mainly ish) I woke up around 5:30. The plan was to get out early and go on a hike.


Jeff usually hikes four hours on Sundays but was willing to forgo an hour in my honor! Phew!!



We got out of the house in a timely fashion and walked to the trail. Up and up and up and up! Goodness. Good thing I do five minutes of yoga once a month. :) Seriously, it was not the easiest of hikes but I survived. And once we were up on top of the hill, well, I will let the pictures speak for themselves.






After returning from the hike, we relaxed a bit before heading out to lunch in Mountain View CA. Another brew pub. My friends are so accommodating!



This time, 3 of the 8 were good enough to drink again. And the food was, once again, quite tasty!



After lunch with Jeff, I headed to Alameda to visit Diane and David!



Diane I knew from a job I had at Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory many years ago. They are a great couple and I had a lovely afternoon with them. And then they fed me! Yippee!!



Then, the slightly arduous drive back through the hills to Jeff's house for another much needed night of sleep!

No comments: