Tuesday, April 27, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day 16


The Econolodge guy convinced me to take a third floor room - because the view was better.

The drive from Albuquerque to Fort Worth went pretty smoothly.

I like the Fort Worth store's look and feel. And my experiences have been decent, though not exemplary.

I got there right about 6, and headed inside. Not particularly crowded. Found a tall table in a corner. Not optimal for me, but ok. My server was a friendly woman who found the manager for me - Curtis. He and I had met the last time I was at the Fort Worth Saucer. He said he would get some of the rest of the staff to come to sign my calendar and pose for pictures. He also told me that it wasn't certain that the top beerknurd would be in that day. But the other calendar model was gracious enough to come over and sign my calendar and stand with me for a picture.



Only two other staff members (out of 10 or so) came over to say hello.



What made my visit was meeting Mason. We chatted about this and that before we each headed our separate ways - he to his home, me to Addison!



Instead of heading to the Addison store, I headed for the Econolodge I had chosen. Turned out to be about a mile from the Saucer. So, after Tanga, I walked down the street. Addison is one of the seemingly few areas with actual sidewalks! It was a pleasant walk. I walked past the Motel 6 I had stayed in last time I was in the area.

Not a banner time at the Addison Saucer. Race, the manager, remembered me from my previous visit and was very personable.



Sadly, no one else came to chat. And my server took five minutes to even approach me, then didn't bother to tell me her name, tell me the specials or ask if I wanted any food. I asked for an icewater with lemon and it took me asking two more times to finally get a wedge. Sigh. I ordered a piece of pizza, that in my mood was not exemplary. Snarfed that down, chugged my beer and left. At least I had a pleasant walk home. I will, of course, continue to give Addison a chance - I just haven't been hitting the correct servers so far.

No comments: