Tuesday, April 13, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day One - Part Two

The drive from Charlotte to Columbia, SC didn't seem to take all that long. Thankfully. :) Got there and it was really not crowded at all. They haven't instituted a brunch there yet, though there are plans apparently.

Had a long chat with Chris. He seems to be doing good things there and enjoying it, despite the hard work. Also saw Beau.

During my short visit there, I had three servers. How weird is that? Three fire sales I was lucky enough to have once, but three servers - that hasn't happened too frequently before. I started with Leah, who apparently was cut soon after she brought me water. Then Midori brought me my first beer. And later, Kiki brought me my second.



Sadly, I can't remember clearly which two beers I had. I will do better at this as we go along. Maybe I recorded them on my digital voice recorder (I love digital voice recorders). If I did, I will, again, come back and add them. They were both beers that can be gotten only in the Carolinas. Sigh. I had a coupon for $5 from the quiz - which left my tab at $.50! Yippee!

I was getting ready for my picture with Kiki and Midori when someone mentioned that the SC Calendar Beer Knurd had actually come in! Paul was great! I am hoping that he will come visit the Raleigh Saucer one day! I forgot to ask after the servers in the calendar picture...

I drank fairly quickly and got back on the road, after reserving a spot in an Econolodge in beautiful Opelika, AL. At some point I will do some writing about times of travel and distances and all, but that time is not now and that place is not here! It was a long feeling way to Opelika. I got in a few minutes before 9 local time, 10 East Coast time, and managed to get online and Tanga in a timely fashion! Woohoo! Then, a nice nice of sleep.

No comments: