Friday, April 23, 2010

West Coast Trip April 2010 - Day 11

After a good night's sleep, I got up and out fairly early in the morning. I was supposed to get to Redmond Oregon by 2:15 so that I could accompany Shauna on her way to pick her kids up from school. I thought I had timed everything adequately. Little did I know that I would have to drive extra slowly and extra cautiously through a mountain pass where it had snowed!! Eeek! It was lovely, but a little nerve wracking. Needless to say, I managed to navigate through safely and survived.



I got to Shauna's just a little later than I had anticipated and she had already left. To kill a little time I headed to Applebees for a beer and some food.

After Shauna returned, we went to watch Michael have soccer practice. Burr! The wind was brutal, but the kids seemed to have fun.

Next we went to dinner at a local brew pub. I had beer and three tacos (the special) and had fun chatting with Shauna, though it was a tad loud to hear anything.





After getting the kids to bed, and David arriving home, I spent the night in the study on another air mattress.



Luckily, earlier that day, I had stopped and gotten a space blanket! That made all the difference. Sure, it was a little crinkly but at least I kept warm!

No comments: