Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Up and at 'em


When I was a kid, I thought it was "Up and Atom." Yes, I like(d) science. 

I woke up around 7:30 am this morning and have been cranking away, sort of, on stuff - mostly for the Smith. Yay. I needed to get some things done before other staff members got on the machines. I know that a volunteer comes in this morning and will be on the Slide-Show computer all day. And there are often two people signed onto Theatre Manager during the day, which means that a third person can't. Sigh. That is one of the more frustrating bits about Theatre Manager. Whatever. Maybe their pricing model will change one day. Anything is possible. 

My laptop screen needs a cleaning!

Oooh, Kelly showed me yet another computer to play with - this is a teeny weeny IBM laptop - I mean maybe 10 inches across. The battery has died, which isn't the end of the world. I am going to see if I can get Theatre Manager up and running on it. If I can, I will try to use it in the Ticket Booth for movies. Since it is so small. Something to try this afternoon when I head in.

I get to show the movie tonight. I am not excited by it. The movie is fine, I just don't want to be stuck there, at the Smith, for three hours. Grrrr. No one else asked for the date and when I begged, no one responded - well, not no one - I think Darnell responded that he had other plans that evening.

And no one is responding to the SPA event. Well, two people have and they were both negatives. This will not do. If no one has responded by close of day, I will have to send out a reminder text. Really don't want to have to do that. And I really don't want to have to run the show - I would like my birthday week to be as free as possible. I know that is too much to ask, seriously. 

Uneventful movie showing in terms of things going wrong. On the other hand, I did a few hours of work - first getting the ticket system working for movies. Yay. We had a couple of little glitches - wrong ticket printer first, then not knowing to click a certain place to get receipts for credit cards and not knowing how to run a report that broke down how many people paid how. But they got worked through. I need to add some steps to my list of how to do things, but that is not a big deal. Then I got the Kiosk up and running with Time and Temp. I don't know why it glitched before, but it is working now. Or at least it was when I left. Then I worked on getting the teeny laptop up and running - still need to add printing capabilities to it - but that will be easily done tomorrow. Chatted with a man who worked at the colleges and knew my mom and knew of my father. And generally kicked movie night butt! Huzzuh!



No comments: