Thursday, April 9, 2015

Busy next couple of days


So, that brewhahaha is over for another year. Next year is a milestone-ish one, though. 55. What was once the national speed limit. The year that a lot of "senior" discounts kick in. Watch that change next year to 60, since, 50 is the new 30 or some sort of blather like that. But I did have a pleasant birthday. A couple of birthday cards (maybe 4, actually), a present or two (Thank you Juliet and Rosanne and Ernst and Betty), a bit of self-pampering and indulging - I still have two thirds of a pizza in my fridge - does pizza freeze well? (I am leaning towards no.) Yay.

But I didn't escape from my two jobs at all. I spent two hours on Smith Stuff yesterday - tempted to charge them quadruple over time - except that they (we) are not fiscally well endowed currently (all donations accepted). And I did not figure out how to get respite from caring for my mom. Who, by the way, still seems at a plateau. I like plateaus. I don't like the slippage from one plateau down to another too much - c'est fromage.

Starting today, the Studio for the Performing Arts is bringing their rendition of Sleeping Beauty (the ballet) to the Smith. Huzzuh. I am not too worried about it. I have help today and over the weekend (not enough help but lots better than none). Friday, I don't think I have anyone helping. Oh well. We will all survive. Theatre (and life) are that way.

Oh, a quick clarification - one of my readers thought that Rosanne was the name of the masseuse. Her name was Barbara. Rosanne is a great friend of mine (and lots of other people I am sure).

Lots of time for the Smith today. Mom seems to have survived, so it is ok. And the weather has turned frightful. Big rain and lots of wind. I guess the jet stream is wiggling around still. Sigh.

No comments: