Monday, February 3, 2014

500 is my limit

500 is my limit - or thereabouts. It isn't anything like a formal delineation. If it gets to 525, I cut off all my hair and dance naked in the snow from frustration. Or maybe not. I just get aggressive. Email messages in my inbox, is what I am referring to. Not sure what you were thinking. What were you thinking? What is your limit? Do you have one? One that is self imposed and not imposed by your service provider or email provider?

I am taking the day off from the Smith. Yay! This means that I have only worked for about two hours from home. Sigh. I just need to remember to mark it on my time sheet. Maybe I will be able to negotiate a change to non-hourly at my review. Anything is possible.

Mom is getting a shower today. Speaking of mom, I went to Rochester the other day during the morning. I thought that it would be fine to leave her alone, as I often do when going to the Smith. I made the mistake of telling her where I was going. Somehow she freaked out and pushed her panic button telling the operator that she couldn't see or move or anything. Of course, she had to be able to see and move to get to the button. But that of course didn't occur to her. The ambulance people came and I happened to catch them when I was calling. Turns out mom was just agitated. She didn't want to go anywhere, and the aide was coming in a little bit. So it all worked out. I am just waiting for the $1000 bill from the ambulance company. Joy and rapture. But my lesson was learned. Next time I head to Rochester before mom is truly awake, I will have to fib and tell her that I am going to the Smith. That is ok in her mind. I don't like lying, but I also don't like mom flipping out! (This seems familiar - did I post this already?)

I have started my relationship blog - one can find it at http://gusssrrelationships.blogspot.com. I would suggest bookmarking it as I will not be posting links to it on my FB page. Google circle friends are getting notices...

No comments: