Friday, February 7, 2014

Snerf

I certainly hope that I haven't used that title before. I am nearing 1000 posts in this blog and, well, my memory isn't clear on what I have written and what I haven't.

Snerf is a sound I like to make when things are going in an unclear direction. I like things to be clear-ish. Not that they have to be totally translucent, but it would be nice. And if I am being opaque...well sue me.

Wow, we are getting some snow! I am about to make lunch and then go out and do some shoveling. I guess attendance at the movie tonight is going to be low. Oh well. Life is like that sometimes. And whoever reminded me of the "layers" shoveling technique, I thank you! (The layer technique is where one shaves off the topmost layer of a area of snow and removes that before repeating until the snow is removed. Much better than trying to do the whole the pile at once! Saved my back.)

Looks like I am going to be spending most of the day at home on the computer and not heading in to the Smith until I have to show the film.

Minor epiphany alert! The other day, as I was tugging at the reservoir of my waterpic tooth machine thing, I thought, there must be a better way to fill this thing. So, I took the daring plunge of just sticking the whole unit under the faucet - without removing the reservoir! Simple and zippy! Yay!!

Did I mention that I finally took down the Christmas tree? It was a cut tree, but it held onto its needles pretty well. In the back of my mind, I had intended to take it down on my day off on Monday and hadn't gotten around to it. Then, mom made some mention of the tree and I leapt into action - taking off the bulbs and the ornaments first. Then the lights. Then I carried the whole thing out to the side porch where I took the tree out of its stand. Now all the stuff is stored for next year (only 10 months away!) and the tree is waiting till the next thaw (or later) to join its brethren in the tree cemetery in the back of the house.

(Sorry forgot to post this...)

No comments: