Saturday, February 22, 2014

Peeling Celery

Hi everyone! What a joyous life one leads when one can peel celery for one's mother! Ok, I don't actually do that. I have to draw the line somewhere. True, I keep redrawing the line, but life is like that. My goal is to keep mom as self-sufficient as I can. Part of that entails letting her peel her own celery! I know, I make her work for her meals. I make her get out of bed. I make her go the five steps from her bed to the chair. I won't let her throw herself down into the chair. And I bring her food, lovingly prepared. Except I won't peel her celery. I just won't do it!

I was napping on my bed (I do like to nap)(it is better napping with someone...I seem to recall that is the case at least) and thought my nose felt a little cold. That was a bit of a surprise. I have had the heat cranked this winter due to mom saying that she is cold all the time (not going to get into it...). I was about to head out to the grocery store and discovered that the temperature controller had died - new batteries needed. Of course, we didn't have any AA's. What a surprise. So I picked a pack of pickled peppers, er, batteries up and replaced them. Woo hoo! We have auto controlled heat again!

I just had a mini-revelation or epiphany-let: when I say to myself (or to someone else) "I don't care." I don't really mean I don't care - I do. What I mean is "I am not attached." I care that you are in pain, I do, I can empathize and sympathize. At the same time, I understand that there is probably little I can do about it other than empathize and sympathize so I will aim for not being attached. "I don't care" just has fewer syllables.

Another thing I would like to mention - when I say "Her Loss" or "Their Loss" in regards to someone making a decision - especially one about choosing not to get to know me better - I hope that it is understood that it is my loss as well. And probably a loss for the Universe - if we are to believe that the point of the universe is love. (For anyone who is following my relationship blog, I will probably copy and paste this there, too.) (Ok, not going to do that - what I will do is put a link there, back to this one - not that there is anyone reading that one that doesn't read this one, I don't think. How the heck should I know. The amount of feedback would lead me to think that no one (maybe three people) read anything I write...

Oh, here's another thought that might be cross-pollinated with the relationship blog - I heard somewhere that authors get a lot action - hugs, offers of sex and or marriage etc. Sadly, I haven't found this to be the case. Then again, not really sure what makes one an "author."

No comments: