Friday, January 31, 2014

One of those people - Just found this unpublished post...

For about three minutes yesterday, I wanted to be one of those people. My father was one apparently. The people who get into the spirit of every holiday. Throw themselves into it with wild abandon. My father actually had jock o' lantern lights before they were popular. He was a big decorator and hanger upper of lights-er. Me, I could care much, much less than I do. Hmm, come to think of it, I probably couldn't care much less...

Then again, the holidays can be a good marketing tool. On the flip side, over commercialization of the holidays is, I think, making people past the age of 18 a little jaded about them all. Hmph.

I don't know who else to share this with, but I had a good day at the Smith. Or rather, a good day was had at the Smith. A couple of Frat men came to volunteer. I set them to cleaning out the orchestra pit under the apron of the stage. I haven't checked their work, but from the pile of crap the pulled out and left for me to go through, I think they did a decent job. A huge pile of cables - most of which were broken - only one end had plugs, a bunch of wood, some carpet remnants, some lighting equipment (not lights, but conduit and track and such), some moving blankets (What?!) and a few random things all were heaped in a corner for me to do with as I willed. Most of it ended up in the tech cemetery of despair. 

No comments: