Thursday, January 30, 2014

I have this odd desire to help random people and other odds and ends...

What the heck is that about? I have an FB friend who is in need of help - not that I could really help her, but I want to. What is up with that? Another person I met could really use a friend, so I want to do that for her. Really? I see a homeless person, and I would love to be able to help them find what they need to make different choices. I see a puppy or a seal or a dolphin on FB and I want to help heal the world. Sigh.

I know in my heart of hearts that the best help I can be to all and sundry is to be the best me that I can be.

Recently, mom saw one of those "feed the children for pennies a day" and "cure the hairlips of these kids" infomercials. It saddens me that the wealthy in this world sit on their money and don't fix what can be fixed. Greed and selfishness. There IS enough to go around. Really.

Mom has taken another step down the ladder. Now she has gotten to the stage where she really doesn't like to use utensils. Which means I need to give her food that can be easily and neatly (for my sanity) be eaten with her hands. Sigh. New menus need to be planned...

I will be starting my relationship blog next month - day after tomorrow. I don't plan on sharing posts with Facebook or twitter, so if you want to read it, you will have to actively look for it (or put an RSS feed from it somewhere...) I might also post in my political blog, though that seems more scary in some ways than posting in my relationship (or lack thereof) blog. We shall see. Anyway, the relationship blog - I will definitely write one post a day. Maybe more. For a month. And see what happens. Maybe it will get me to revisit my relationship book. Hey, anyone know any freelance graphic artists who might want to collaborate on a book project? Not the relationship book, but a self-help book...

No comments: