Thursday, September 5, 2013

Learned a butt load!

What an odd phrase - "butt load." I use that and variations on that a good bit now and again. And yesterday I was schooled (in a good way). I had a meeting with the two main parties going to do some work at The Smith next week. I am glad that they were able to meet face to face as a realization was had - each thought the other was responsible for an important part of the task! Eeeek! I think it all got resolved to everyone's satisfaction and the work will still take place early next week. Yippee!

That wasn't what I learned. Sure I learned some stuff during that conversation, but the important stuff happened after the communication snafu was discovered. I learned a) how to put on the harness for going up on the grid, something I plan to do at some point in the future, b) that what I call electrics, lighting installation people call connector strips and c) that it will be possible to maybe fix at least one of the broken circuits fairly easily. That would be nifty indeed! Yay! I am so excitimacated (thank you George Bush satirizers for that word)!

When did it become difficult to get pictures off of my camera and onto my computer? It used to be so easy - yes, my computer is old and the software is out of date - but still, it should be fairly simple to get the photos into iPhoto still. Shouldn't it? Grrrr. It seems like I have to restart the computer each time I want to upload pictures to the silly application. Poo! Well, at least they are there now. Safely ensconced on my computer, never to see the light of day again...

Just kidding - here are a few pictures:

A not so great picture of the fire curtain that is being replaced

Close up of the corner

Fuzzy front of harness

Fuzzy back of harness
Wow, I have missed having pictures in this blog. No, I am not going to start doing it again - see the above paragraph.

I think Fall is coming. Yippee?

No comments: