Sunday, September 29, 2013

4 showings in three days

Wow, it seems like I have been living at The Smith. Four showings of Blue Jasmine in three days. Joy and rapture. It has gone pretty smoothly and we have had a decent turnout. Not a great turnout, but decent. There was a sound issue, which I think I have managed to make enough better for the time being that we won't have anyone else walking out. That would be good. And maybe we can get more people in. That would be even gooder. Mom hated the movie. I am not surprised. It flips back and forth in time and that can't be easy to understand for someone whose time sense is already not so hot. I liked it, but find that most Woody Allen movies lately are not all that great.

I am having fun playing with the slide show that we have instituted at The Smith. Garrett, our current ITish sort of guy, started it and I have been tweaking it. It will be a good tool to let people know what is coming up at the Smith. Played before movies, and perhaps other events, we might even be able to charge for advertising space. That would be nifty. And I am learning more about Powerpoint. That is just the most exciting bit.

I hope to get to a place where I only have to be at the Smith 10-20 hours or so a week most weeks. That would be nifty. We shall see. I feel like I am neglecting mom. Boo.

Ok, time to shut off the projector and head home! Happy Sunday!

No comments: