Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wedding Post Two

Yesterday was the big day! Yay!

Ok, that's all I am going to say about the wedding...

Nope, not really, you aren't getting out of it that easy. But you have to wade through a bit of other stuff before we get to wedding pictures. Thousands of wedding pictures...

We got up and had no plans for the day. I was sort of thinking of, you guessed it, finding a brewpub somewhere and heading to lunch. Sometime in the morning, while I was working on my blog post, my sister called and suggested we go to lunch together. Yay, someone else made a plan! I can live with that, so I accepted. They weren't going to arrive until 12:30, so we had some time to get up, get dressed and get used to the idea. It does sometimes take mom a while to get used to an idea.

We ate ate Deisings in downtown Kingston. A bakery/eatery that has been around for a long while. We started with a table for seven and grew to a table for nine! Juliet and Paul, Sam, Abby and Lewis, me and Mom, and later, Joe and Ginger! Good food, fun people, lots of cuckoo clocks! I know I ate too much and I left mom's left overs in Sam's car. Ooops. Not that we would have eaten them probably anyway...

Next, we all went our separate ways. Well, not totally separate. Mom and I opted to go with Sam and Lewis on their expedition to Target. Ah, to be in a Target again. I don't know why I like Target so much more than I like Wal-mart, but I do. Sam and Lewis were looking for bathing suits - they had an indoor pool at their place of stay - and we were looking for a decent pillow and a headband for mom. The pillow was necessary to help her feel comfortable in bed. The headband was to make her feel comfortable in her head about her hair. The aide curled her hair and mom was not pleased with the result. Her favorite line kept resurfacing - saying that she looked like the witch of Endor!

Since the wedding wasn't till 6, we had a little while to chill out back at the motel. And looking out the window, I noticed that it was actually raining quite heavily. Which didn't bode well for the outdoor part of the wedding event. Oh well. We did get dressed, mom in her blue dress, me in my duds. I even, sort of, tied my bowtie - later to be retied by Paul (a professional bow-tie tier).

The wedding venue was a lodge up in the hills near Rosendale, NY called Sky Lodge. They have a meditation space, an eating space and I bet a really lovely nature-filled location - though because of the rain, we mostly stayed indoors.

It was a great location - beautiful views, pleasant decor. Nice people. The ceremony was supposed to have been outdoors, but the indoor space - the meditation space - was good as well. They had a violinist friend of Eric's play intro and exit music. The celebrant was a Unitarian with a sense of humor. I think we numbered about 40 people all together. Dinner was vegetarian with some fish added in. With wine. And the cake was a white cake with jelly filling. Yum!

Mom and I didn't stay long for the dancing part. Neither of us are very interested in dancing. So we hung out a teeny bit before heading back to the hotel for a much needed night of sleep! Yay!

Lunch fun at Deisings!

Ernst giving a toast to the new couple!

Lovely Sunset

Gazing into the future

Grandmother and father of the bride and Paul, the tier

Shelly and Erich about to cut the cake

Mom and Karl "dancing"

Mom and Juliet

No comments: