Monday, September 10, 2012

Final Wedding Post

Not only a final wedding event, but also a drive back to Geneva and Dinner Out! Wow! What a day. Phew. Glad we survived the excitement.

The day started like many another day - with the happy sound of children running up and down and screaming outside of our motel room. Normally, mom would be kvetching and wanting to call management and such, but since the kids doing said running and screaming were her very own grandchildren, she only called the police. Ok, no she didn't. She got up and opened the door - to chaos! Eeek! Children everywhere! And Candace and Karl. All trying to get their act together and head back to Connecticut early in the morning. Not like really, really early, not 6 am sort of early, but 9ish I think. Anyway, after a lot of brew-ha-ha, they managed to get out and on the road. Which helped me, because mom was already up so I didn't have to wake her and get her started. Yay!

Brunch was supposed to start around 10ish, so I thought we would aim to get there around 10:30 - sneak in, sneak out. We got there around 10:20 and were basically the first ones there. So much for sneaking in...I helped a little, by sweeping some of the patio in the backyard. Then I ate. And tried to feed mom - but she wasn't interested in food - just coffee. People slowly started to trickle in - maybe 20 people by the time we left. More food, more chatting, more pictures. Yay! Speaking of pictures, I really didn't take that many, all things considered. A bunch, but not hundreds. I need to get them to Erich, so I will just email him some and see if those will suffice or if he wants higher quality ones. (Erich just invited me to put the pictures in his drop box - so I did - 76 of them!)

We managed to get on the road around noon which got us back to the homestead around 4. Yay! 4 hours is just long enough in the car. I think we could manage five, with a couple of stops but I think that is about it. Anyway, I decided to take a little rest before we headed out to dinner at mom's favorite place - Friendly's. Yippee for rest!

6ish we headed to dine. It wasn't crowded and we had a new-to-us server named Keira. Mom thought it a weird name. Sigh. She had her usual, the spicy and sweet shrimp over rice with vegetables. I decided to try something new - I had bourbon BBQ chicken. Yay! It was actually pretty good. And I didn't have to be worried that I would get icky fries. When I got my order, I was surprised because there was only one chicken breast. Turns out that I got the "senior" sized portion - and senior cost. Good thing because I was planning on bringing the second chicken breast back home in any case. And the manager took pity on us and gave us our free sundaes to go - made mom very happy since I didn't want mine, so she got a whole lot of coffee ice cream! Worked out well!

And that was our exciting day. After dinner, mom watched television and I futzed around. Yay for futzing!

Brunching!

The brunch spread!

New snuggle quilt!

Juliet and mom

Paul and Rebecca

A hibiscus

My dinner at Friendly's with funions! :)



No comments: