Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Aide Day

Yay, mom liked the aide! How awesome is that?! I can do a little happy dance. True, she isn't what I was hoping for, but if mom is happy, I am happy. Now, I just hope that she is the one that we get going forward. Mom and the aide apparently got along well. And the shower happened, which is a good thing. Not much else got done, but it was a first visit. Mom actually liked her so much that she called (with some help) the Company that provided her and told them how wonderful she thought she was. The funniest thing, to me, is that she has the same name as a friend of mine from California!

So, that is the big news from yesterday. Oh, and that I had to go and do a load of laundry for reasons I am not going to get into. Gets me a little frustrated and angry just thinking about it. Breathing in and breathing out. We did some packing yesterday for mom as well. That was, er, fun.

Sorry, still feeling tired. Yet another night of not so much sleep. The arm, though better, is still not 100%. And I often don't sleep well before the beginning of a trip.

Took two walks to downtown yesterday. One was to go banking and to buy a sport coat for the wedding. The other was to go to Microclimate. Both were fun in their own way. Happy to have gotten some exercise at least.

When I got back from all of my walkabouts and laundry and stuff, I created a quick dinner. Does anyone know how to get terriyaki sauce to stick to something? What do I coat it in, to get the sauce to stick? In this case, I mostly mean salmon. I was trying to use up leftovers and didn't really succeed too well. In fact, I made a few more leftovers. Sigh. Luckily we will only be gone for a few days.

Obama's speech wasn't as good as I had hoped.

I could do with a nap. Maybe while I am driving...

Look, see, quite a bit of recycling!

Mom's shower throne

Why do I think a beauty supply store is a bad thing?

Dinner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try mixing a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar with your sauce. Marinate for 1/2 hour and save some for basting a few times.

Augustus said...

Great idea! I always forget to marinade!