Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ain't we got fun?

Of course we have. Jeden Tag is fun. In its own way. And yesterday was no exception. It was full of exciting visitors, exciting visits and exciting errands. Errands galore, even! Woo hoo!!

Started off with a visit from the Finger Lakes Health Care people - the new manager/owner (?), Colinda, came to do the intake. I hope she got the message that mom needs someone who is a little more world wise than our last aide. Though here in Geneva...Mom did pretty well answering questions and such. Yay. We shall see what comes of it. I think Colinda said we have to wait another couple of weeks before we actually get someone?!

Next off, a visit to the doctor's office. Unlike our last visit, where we only sat for a minute before being called back and then only waited a couple of minutes for the doctor to appear - this time we waited a lot. In the waiting room. And then in the examination room. But the wait was worth it. Dee, our Nurse Practitioner, was great. She has an Alzheimer-y mother-in-law at home and was great with mom. I mean excellent. She went over about four different things we can do to help mom feel less neck pain. Sadly, they all are reliant on me to do stuff. Yippee. So, we are going to start with a heating pad and work out from there. I would rather go to a chiropractor and have her manipulated, but I don't think mom's insurance covers that. I really need to call the insurance provider and see what is covered. Sigh.

I would be more happy about going to the doctor's office if the scenery were more interesting. Sadly, it is not.

After the doctor's, we did our errands. Mom mostly sat in the car, though she did get out at the pharmacist's/drugstore. First up, the library. Through the drizzle. Yay drizzle. I hope we got enough to actually soak into the ground, but I doubt it. Anyway, they had one of the audiobooks I requested - Of Mice and Men. I didn't realize it was a novella. No wonder it is only four CDs long.

Next stop, Wegman's. I needed vegetable matter to go with the planned pasta with sausage we were having for dinner. I zipped in and zipped out, since I had a list and since mom was waiting in the car. Patiently. I wonder what she does in the car while I am inside places. Hmm...

Last stop, Rite-aid. My phavorite pharmacist was not on duty. In fact there was a new one, not even one of the other two. She was nice and came out and helped me find things in her end of the store. Mom wanted anti-gas pills and we needed something to heat up for her neck. I was going to get thermacare - but turned out it was a one-off-use sort of thing. I can't abide that if I can avoid it. So we got a hot/cold pack filled with mud that ought to do the trick. And we picked up one of mom's prescriptions. Fun, fun, fun!

And to top it off, mom and I watched Michelle Obama give her speech at the Democratic National Convention. I thought it was a great speech and that Michelle was a pretty good speaker. I was sad to learn this morning that although factually true, it was a bit hyperbolic and not quite as rags to riches as it sounded from the way it was presented. Sigh. Why exaggerate? It is just another form of lying. I try my best to not exaggerate but I don't always succeed. Just say no to lying (whenever possible - which is most of the time...).  Still, I do like her better than Anne Romney...

See, wasn't that a fun day!

Not a picture of dinner!

No comments: