Friday, September 28, 2012

Gas

Mom has been complaining of an excess of gas for the whole time that I have been here. I was trying and trying to think of where it could come from. I know that certain foods can produce more gas than others. I thought perhaps it might have something, therefore, to do with her diet. But I keep changing the foods we eat, and yet she still has a lot of gas. Yay. What fun. Then, the other day, I had an epiphany. She uses an anti-apnea machine at night. This machine continually pushes air into her nose while she is sleeping. Perhaps, just maybe, she swallows quite a bit of this. And ta-dah, she has an excess of gas (I mean, air is made up of gases mostly, isn't it?)!

At least her neck problems seem to have vanished for the most part.

Gas prices haven't been something I have been focusing on lately. Why? Because they are ludicrous. And because I don't do that much driving here in Geneva. I save my driving for bigger trips, like to Connecticut or North Carolina. If I am in Geneva, one tank pretty much lasts me a month. Maybe longer. I haven't really figured it out...Oh, and I have found that I can coast from the stoplight (just about) at the corner of Hamilton and Pultney, all the way to the corner of Pultney and St. Clair, barring unforeseen circumstances (like students who I just can't bring myself to run over).

I have a big knot in my hair - despite the of use conditioner and everything. True, I don't brush it all that often, but still, grrr. Luckily, though, I do enjoy undoing knots of all kinds, shapes and sizes. Yay!

Diane, the aide, came again yesterday and Mom got a shower. Without much complaining, too, which is a great thing. I think the seat helps a lot. At least I hope so. Yippee!

No comments: