Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simply Sunday

Simply Sunday - which means - not all that much to report. Yup, didn't do much. Not us. We are not doers. We are sitters on our butters (not goats). Or in mom's case, lie-ers in bedders. Yay.

Well, I did make two meals. One of which was breakfast for dinner. Sadly all of the yummy blueberry waffles are gone, gone, gone. Boo, hiss. Time to make French toast again - or maybe more waffles. They freeze so nicely!

It has become fall here - not a day in the 80s to be seen, and the temp is creeping - on average - downward. When is fall, anyway? The Autumnal Equinox is September 22, as usual, according to the internet.

In my wiped out post from the other day, I went into a little ranting about the lack of comprehensive medical/single payer in this country. My main contention is that we would be a healthier country if we had this. First off, we would largely get the insurance companies and HMOs out of the picture - just think of the cost savings there! Second, people would probably get issues resolved earlier, which again would save a lot of money down the road - hopefully less catastrophic illness - leaving the emergency rooms for emergencies. Sigh. We already pay some money towards it, just bill everyone a bit more and make health care "free" for all.

On top of everything, I forgot to take a picture of last night's meal. Who am I?

And I forgot to publish this yesterday. Oops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello? How is your mom doing? It was very hard to post a comment because--the machine keeps treating me like a robot. Luying

Augustus said...

She is doing ok - I can't tell if she is she is declining quickly or slowly - I am leaning towards slowly...