Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Electric Blanket anyone?


So, what is your take on electric blankets? Personally, I am not a fan. But mom has been complaining of being cold all the time. So, today, I bit the bullet and purchased an electric blanket. Just a small one. A twin. Yes, I know that mom has a king sized bed, but she only sleeps on a piece of it. No King sized blanket was called for. My only worry is that mom will toast herself. Maybe, though, it will make her want to drink more water. And that is usually a good thing. I plan to put it on her bed tonight.

I also have to replace the "angel" lights in the living room. About four years ago, I put up some Christmas lights on a window in the living room. When I took down "Christmas" I left the lights up. That corner tends to be a little dark for one reason or another, so this made things a bit more cheerful. And they help me to know when mom is still up - she is still mostly able to remember how to turn them on and off (a large white button on the arm of the sofa).

On a completely different subject, I took the day off from the Smith on Monday. Mostly. I still worked about an hour, sigh. I just can't help myself. I like to get things done incrementally, so I don't have to cram everything in at the last minute. And there are a bunch of things that I can accomplish at home from the computer that need to get done. Oh, and I did stop in for a minute at the Smith. Just to see if anything exciting was happening. Nothing was. Yay!

No comments: