Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Not quite a week of juicing

By juicing, I mean making juice from fruit and vegetables, not using steroids to enhance muscle growth, in case anyone was confused. I like my physique as it is. Soft and flabby - getting softer and flabbier by the minute! Yay!

I am not noticing any benefits from my juicing regime so far. Though I am getting some muscles from washing the blinkety-blank juicing machine every day. My hair doesn't seem any more shiny. I am not losing weight (not that I really have much to lose, if any). I don't seem smarter. Hmm. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Maybe I need to take it intravenously? Anything is possible.

Fedex irked the hell out me yesterday. I am waiting on a new blu-ray player. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday. And it wasn't. Well it was, but it wasn't. The delivery guy couldn't manage to find the entrance to the Smith. Nor could he the next day. Nor the next. So today, I called them to see what the hell was happening. Apparently the driver wasn't a ground driver (whatever that means) and he tried the big glass doors on the front of the building and gave up when he found them locked. Sigh. The first customer service person told me I would have to drive to Rochester to pick the package up. The second one told me that they couldn't communicate with their drivers. What? Who did he think he was talking to?! Then a real customer service person called me and told me that the driver was too far away to come back (but hadn't been when I first called, since I called 5 minutes after he had failed in his third try to deliver the package) (and I had been in the building for half an hour already at that point) and that they would send a ground delivery person - still not sure why that makes a difference - today (Wednesday) to try again. Oh. My. Word! I am probably not going to set up the device tomorrow as I won't really have time to play with it before the movie that night or the movie on Thursday - both are on disk and not on the server. I will probably set it up next week at some point. (Got it, btw)

We have a busy week this week. I am still working on getting the lighting accomplished. I got a pretty good rhythm going, and if I hadn't had to spend an hour on the phone, I would have had the lion's share of the cues input. Wednesday - more light work, as well as a meeting and a movie - I don't have to stay for the whole movie, but I will be there to get it started. Then Thursday, I have to be there at the beginning and at the end of the movie. But I won't have to stay for the whole thing. I have a projectionist there to do that. Yippee! Friday, the ballet people arrive. Saturday is the ballet and I have promised to take mom. Sunday we have a conference meeting of some kind about which I know very little. Sigh. I'll just happily wing it. With help from someone. I will ask amongst the crew on Friday and Saturday and see if anyone is available for Sunday. Phew. I hope I survive.

No comments: