Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Master Chef and such

It was quite a busy day at the Smith. We worked on setting up lights from 10 till 12 and then from 2 till five. I will admit that the entering of the cues is taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. Mainly from user error I would think. Three steps forward, two steps back, five steps forward, three steps back, one forward, etc. I think I have completed 10 out of 75 cues. Eeek! Meanwhile, my staff did a good job getting the gritty work - hanging, circuiting and gelling the instruments in accordance with the ballet's light plot for this weekend - handled with minimal supervision. All we have to do is some rough focussing, some more gelling and some cabling to get ready for 10 circuits on each side of the stage for side lighting. Wow. That will be a lot of cable! Just a lot more slogging. Sigh.

I came home three times - once for lunch, once for dinner and once in the evening - to check on mom. The third time she was, sadly, freaking out. I settled her down, put on a Thin Man movie and hoped that the timing would work out. It didn't.

Because of inclement weather, the signal got dropped - we use an HD antenna to get TV to the Smith - and I had to hustle back. I arrived just in time to see the whole group of people de-Smithify. If they had only waited another 15 minutes (yes, after I had returned and brought the antenna back inside), everything would have been fine. But they didn't. They did eventually come back. In time to see our Geneva native win! Yay!

Just finished watching Star Trek from TOS through Voyager but I haven't watched all of the Enterprise episodes. Yet. They are on my list, but about #5. I need to watch some non-Star Trek stuff for a while.

I type therefore I type...

Here's the thing about Facebook: if you have cool pictures to share - put them on instagram.

Here's another thing: I comment on a lot of FB posts. And like a bunch as well. Bully for me.

I would like the Apple Watch if it weren't tethered to a phone. An Apple watch/phone.

Saw a woman last night that I would have a crush on if I still had those kinds of things...oh, right, I do. Nevermind. And I will most likely never see her again.


No comments: