Sunday, September 14, 2014

How the mighty have fallen

Luckily, I haven't tried to create soufflés, otherwise they might have fallen too. I was looking in my fridge last night, for some dip from Wegman's, when I glanced at two flavors of balsamic vinegar that I have on my vinegar shelf. Yes, I have a shelf mostly made up of different types of vinegars. Did you know that there are lots of different types of vinegars? There was a time in my life when I thought all vinegar was the same. Anyway, I realized that at one point during my tenure here at Chez Schoen-René I was cooking up quite a storm, making lots of different meals and trying lots of different things. Not so much any more. Now that mom's memory is so far gone, and her taste buds are not as adventurous, adventuresome, I have been sticking to a more boring set of food and dinner options. Easier, for sure. But not as much fun...oh, I just remembered, I might have left over hot dogs and baked beans in the fridge! And it is lunch time! Callooh! Callay!

For those keeping track, yes, I still have some owiness in my right ring finger. Sigh. Maybe sensitivity is a better word for it. 

I added some witch finger grapes to this morning's juice. Has anyone ever heard of or seen these cool grapes? I have another cool grape that I will tell you about after I taste them. 

No comments: