Saturday, September 20, 2014

Just great

Mom had a weird little nubbin on her left wrist. One that she worried a lot. Rub, rub, rub. Pick, pick, pick. Rub, rub, rub. Well, I head a little "Damn" from her and went to see what was wrong. Turns out her nubbin was bleeding. I told her that she shouldn't rub it (for the gazillionth time). She said she hadn't rubbed it. I said "Really?" She said "Really. I cut it off." So I took away all of her nail scissors. Sigh. At least it is making her tractable and docile than she sometimes is...spoke too soon - she wants her scissors back!

I think the home health aide and I took away eight pairs of scissors! Eeek! Luckily, the aide now has permission to help trim mom's nails! Yay!

Long, long Smith Day. And a longer one Saturday and another longish one on Sunday. Maybe I will take Monday off. We shall see. Friday was spent working on getting Cinderella put together - taken off of trucks, out of boxes and set-up. It looks great! And the lighting work we did all was good. We did have to stay a little late to work on cabling of the light trees - lighting trees that stand on the side of the stage - often used in dance performances.

Saturday was an early day - and it was slightly miscommunicated. I thought our techs were needed to run sound and light - not the case - only the deckhands were needed for the cue-to-cue - or spacing - rehearsal. I left Terren in charge and came home for a nap. I need all my good will if I am to successfully take mom down to see the show this evening. Wish me luck!


No comments: