Monday, September 15, 2014

Oddnesses

A friend's son just died last night. He was a great kid and it came as a big surprise to everyone. I am sure we will learn more eventually, right now, just sending happy thoughts! This is not the sort of news I like to wake up to.

I have had a pleasant sort of vacation for the past couple of weeks. Or rather, I am about to go into a fairly busy couple of weeks at The Smith. Today is going to be a bit of a marathon - not that I have ever or will ever (though ever is a long time) run or walk or anything a marathon - but that is the expression. I am heading into the Smith at 10 and will be there till noon. Then back at 2 and there till 5 or so. Then back at 6 until 11. Though I have staff. Or rather I might have staff. So I might not be there the whole time. That would be nifty. Why have staff if they can't help make it so that I can actually do my job (directing them to do the actual hands on work)?

Speaking of work, I am a little irked. Some (most) of my workers are not good about responding to emails. In social life, I totally understand. Life gets in the way, friends will understand, etc. In work, I don't understand. An email is like a contract. I send a message asking for or stating specific information. I need to know that the message has been received and understood. When I hear nothing, I don't get that closure, that agreement. Grrr. Ok, I just sent out a nice message (I thought it was nice) asking everyone to respond. I know I will get a couple of people responding to that message in various ways. Sigh.

No comments: