Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Looks like a muddy Christmas (Mish mash post)

Yay! Mud for everyone! The snow we had here in beautiful Geneva, NY is mostly gone. We are not really expecting enough new snow in the next few days to make for a white christmas. This isn't really a surprise since the first day of winter is December 21. Yippee!

Meanwhile, I have made it through a full year of being the Technical Director at the Smith Opera House. Balancing that job with taking care of my mom, who continues to decline, has been an interesting challenge. We shall see how we fare in the new year.

Nothing really too exciting to report. Let's see... Tomorrow is laundry day. Today, I am working on some forms for mom's health insurance and slowly putting the Christmas tree up. And trying to survive a few hours without Facebook.

Yes, that's right, I am trying to survive a few hours without Facebook. Mainly because I have a huge crush on someone and that is the only way that we have been "communicating." Sigh. For those of you who know me well, you know that I love email and mucho communication in general. (Well, most of the time.) So not checking Facebook is proving to be something of a challenge. Anyway, I am leaning towards believing that my crush does not reciprocate my feelings - which is not a surprise, but sad nonetheless.  Oh well. This too shall pass.

I have been posting on and checking Instagram a lot which is a poor substitute for Facebook. Glarg.

Let's see - more mom news? Not really anything to report there. I took her out to help buy the tree yesterday. Then dinner at Friendly's. That went pretty well.

Now I think I will take a shower and head off to Lake Drum (a new beer place in town) and maybe some grocery shopping. Speaking of groceries, I am all confused now. A friend has invited mom and me to her house for a Christmas dinner buffet! So when do I eat Peking Duck? Hmm? Anyway, Huzzuh!

No comments: