Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Two days

Hello - I want to whip out a quick post - if I can. I like to give value, so I write a lot of words. And that takes time. Even though I do type zippily.

The past two days have been a little on the tiring side. Sure, fun was had, but there was some work involved. And it has been a frustrating day so far. And is only getting more so. I am trying to find out why my mom's bill has gone up 3 dollars for no apparent additional service. This is up from the $75 it was when we first signed up for triple play - phone, internet and cable. Sigh. Now up to my third representative. The first couldn't help me - she was customer solutions - the second I couldn't hear - the third - well, so far she has proven less than competent. (Ok, that was a tough word to spell.) So, basically - we raised our prices - suck it - was the answer. Where has competition gone? I dread the post merger days of Comcast and TWC.

Oh, and we got our copier moved today, only to find out when the movers got here that they weren't responsible for the technical end - just to lug it and plug it and leave. Great! Talk about excellent customer service. Customers really don't have much recourse as companies get more and more monopolized.

Where was I - Oh, yesterday I was up at 6 so that I could get in to work by 7:30 - not that it takes me that long to get to work - I just don't like dragging bleary eyed Augustus butt anywhere. So I like to wake up, do some internet stuff, write a bit, scratch, sniff, play some bridge, brush my tooth, etc.

Eventually I made it into work - got what I needed to get done before the theatre group arrived (fly the legs and movie screen out - fly the electrics, valance and border in, change over the lights from booth control to lightboard control, etc.). They were prompt, efficient and nice. Load-in and sound check were all accomplished before doors opened and the (literal) hordes descended. Wait a sec - how many does it take to compromise a horde - we had 1300 kids and adults for the 10 am show. The show went smoothly, and I got out (after nice chattings with friends) at noon.

Then, I was a good samaritan. I took a coworker and her son to a dentist appointment - well, orthodontist. A good little chunk of time out of my day. But it was fun, in a helping out sort of way.

I went to the grocery store and bought the essentials - beer, toilet paper and kleenex. I swear mom is going through the latter two more and more quickly. I don't know what that is about - but there really isn't anything I can do about it. Feed her habit and maybe it will burn itself out is my philosophy.

Heated up left overs for dinner - I had to have dinner on the table by 5:30 (almost an hour and a half before normal) so I could make it back to the theatre in time. I had made beef stroganoff Monday, so served it again Tuesday - with some left over sugar peas - appropriate because the show we had at the Smith was "The Monster who ate my Peas." Mom didn't realize it was leftovers - though I do find that sometimes if I feed her the same thing two days in a row, she says she can't finish it all. I am wondering if she is vaguely recalling the amount of food she had eaten the day before and becoming psychologically more full. Weird.

Back to the theater - ran the show, got them loaded out and I was done by 9. Yay! I got home and helped mom with television (I am thinking of buying the NCIS dvds for her - she has loved the Doc Martin ones but I think she is about burned out on them...) and played a bit before falling into bed and snoring. Loudly.

Only to get up again this morning and head back in to work. We had work crew coming, I was supposed to meet with a volunteer, the copier was to be moved and the first meeting of a newly reconstituted (just add fresh meat) film committee was happening. First off, I had no clear idea what I was going to do with the work crew - luckily there were only three kids today, so that made life easier. And Vicki is good about figuring out what to do. They did help with the copier move by carrying a table or two and some other stuff around. Yay. Unfortunately, the copier move was not clearly communicated. I didn't realize that we were responsible for connecting the copier to the internet - getting a cable etc. And I thought the movers would make sure that all of our people could print to the copier. Nope. So, I will have to figure that out. Yippee! I also had to climb around in a part of the Smith that I hadn't climbed around in before to get the old cable out to use in the new location of the printer. Fun-like.

Got that all done just in time for the Film meeting. Luckily, my volunteer canceled. Huzzuh! The film committee meeting went well. Next step - some mission statements are being drafted after our discussions.

And now I am at home, trying to catch up on blogging and correspondence. Sigh. All too soon it will be time to think about dinner. And I could use a nap. And someone to snuggle with during that nap...

No comments: