Sunday, March 30, 2014

Close my stupid yap!

After deciding I would go to the new Japanese restaurant in Geneva, I was pretty excited. I like Japanese food - the challenge was to find stuff on there that mom would eat. I got there and the place was empty feeling. Luckily it filled up pretty well while I was there. I heard the owner/manager speaking with an associate and it sounded like they were speaking some sort of Chinese dialect. I was hoping for some Japanese. But no, it was Chinese. I asked him and he told me it was Fujian dialect. I said something in Mandarin and he was off - nattering away about this and that - his accent was a little hard to decipher at times - and my vocabulary isn't what it was - or even what it ought to be - but I think we got some communication done. Still, I need to learn to shut my yap!

The food was good but not great. Don't know if I will go there again - but only time will tell if that is the case.

Is my bathroom sink a sign about my life? The drain seems all backed up and I can't figure out how to get it clean. And the cold water faucet continues to be flaky - fine one day, drippy and other and just now, it just wouldn't stop until I turned the water off to it. Sigh.

Mom's tastes have changed so much. She used to love ginger - now it is "too hot" for her. Sigh. No spicy food. Nothing "interesting." We tried tempura last night and she was not amused. She kept telling me that eating dinner with her was always an adventure. And it seemed like she meant that in a not good way. Sigh. At least she still has an appetite.


No comments: