Monday, March 3, 2014

Apparently, I am a Racist

Hi everyone. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of me? Cute? Adorable? Funny? Generous? Toothsome? Racist? Yup, that's right, someone called me a racist the other day. Not someone who knew me, but still, it was a bit of a shock. If you want to read more about it, head over to my relationship blog post for March 1. I admit that I am a teeny bit of a racist. The human racist! :) Seriously, I don't know many people who weren't born on this planet. At least I am not aware of knowing anyone who for sure wasn't. I have my doubts about a couple of people - and I don't really know them, just of them. John (who I keep thinking is named Tim for some reason) Boehner for instance. I certainly hope he isn't actually a human being...In the note I wrote back to the woman who called me racist, I forgot to mention that in every country I have visited, I have fallen in love at least once, if not hundreds of times. Sometimes with more than one person in an hour! Sigh. I know it was all her stuff, but still, it weirds me out that someone actually called me a racist. Sigh again. Moving on.

Busy weekend at the Smith. Underwhelming attendance at the Oscar event, but it was ok for an inaugural happening. Maybe the Oscars aren't as big as they were. I am surprised that some of our stalwart movie patrons didn't show up. A lot of people said that they were excited about the event and were coming but they didn't materialize. The good news, though, is that Inside Edition came and filmed family members related to the author of 12 Years a Slave. And it won three Academy Awards - including Best Picture! Yay!

The day before was an excellent, and for me, easy Jazz performance. This was classic modern jazz. What I mean by this is that there were songs with musical themes that the players sometimes took turns riffing on. Nothing too weird, nothing too esoteric or exotic. Very straight forward, mostly melodic music.  All of the musicians were nice, friendly and had excellent musicianship. Decently attended which always makes me happy. I love to see lots of butts in seats!

Django Unchained is sitting by my computer and has been for a week. I got it from Netflix but so far haven't brought myself to watch it...


No comments: