Monday, March 17, 2014

Just when you thought that...

Just when you thought that it was safe to read my blog...

Things are always interesting in Chez Schoen-René.

Mom is deteriorating. The nice thing about this disease is that it plateaus. Hopefully this plateau will be as long as some of the previous ones that I have been around for - 6 to 8 months worth. I have told her, yes, the cat's mother, no, I mean mom, that I will keep her from a nursing home as long as she can tell me that she doesn't want to be in a nursing home. That would crush me - to have to put her in a home before she is ready, or rather before she is incapable of making that decision for herself. When asked, if she says "No, I do not want to be in a nursing home" I will do my best to honor that decision - even if it may actually be the wrong one for her needs. Not to the point of causing her damage or harm, but up to that point...

I am gluttonizing up a storm. Maybe I am trying to join 1000 pounds club. Just to be really as off-putting as I feel from the pseudo rejection I feel from all of my attempts at connection. Eating everything in sight all the time. I must have out on at least a pound of winter weight so far.

My relationship blog has a bit about depression in it, that is, if I must say so myself, a tad on the interestingly written (even if the subject matter isn't) side.

No comments: