Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mid Sleep Musings

Here it is, 4:21 am, and I am writing. I went to sleep around 11:30 pm and woke up around 3:20 am. I do plan on going back to sleep. Really. I do not have a "big" day in store. But I do have things I would like to accomplish and a little more sleep would be a good thing.

I have started a couple of blog posts. Ones that will probably never be seen by others. Posts that are a little on the soul searching, or radically honest, or sadly, maudlin sort (I am not drunk, btw). The reason I am writing these, I think, is to get the thoughts out of my system. Catharsis. Purging. Cleansing. Whatever. "Better out than in" is one of my mantras.

Well, that's depressing - I just saw that donating clothes is generally a bad thing for the world economy. How freakin' sad is that? And the advice for what to do instead sounded less than optimal as well. Poo. Double and triple poo even! Did I mention, poo?

Ok, I did go back to sleep and slept for a few more hours. I can't tell anymore if I am tired or if I am fully rested. I guess that means that I am still tired. Or maybe it means I am fully rested. Who the heck knows? Actually I just yawned, big time, so maybe I am still tired. Maybe I will nap later this afternoon. Oooh, that would be nice.

I had a momentary (well, a couple of minutes worth of) scare yesterday. As some of you have garnered, I play a good amount of xBox. (Right now, I am playing two games - not simultaneously, but alternately - I have a backlog of purchased and unplayed games and I am trying to work my way through them all - I enjoy collecting, and I enjoy finishing, and I enjoy playing - makes me feel I am being somewhat productive...) While playing, there was a surge and the power went out briefly. But the xBox seemed to have died. I did all the trouble shooting that I could think of and eventually, after unplugging the transformer/surge protector that comes with the device, all was well. Phew!

Another thing I do quite a bit is play bridge on my iPhone. I don't know how many hands I play a day, but it is more than 3 and less than 2,117. (Not many fewer probably...) It helps me to think, relax, meditate even. Sometimes while I am playing I will have minor, or not so minor, epiphanies.

I visited Red Dove and Microclimate (local establishments) both again recently. I really need to find a place to hang out when I do go out. I miss Leaf Kitchen. I just don't feel like hanging out at any of the places here in Geneva. And driving to neighboring towns, although not that far, is a bit on the tedious side, just for a drink and some hangage. And of the places I have visited there, none also stand out as places I would like to spend a bunch of time. I miss the Saucer and my table. Waaa.

No comments: