Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29, Bonus Post

I know, a lot of you are missing my normal, introspective, thoughtful, perceptive, interesting posts and are tired of the travelogue. Fear not, I will eventually get back to examining the minutiae of my life. It's just that the past few weeks have been stuffed to the gunnels with busyness.

So, one of my goals today is to get my Staples Rewards coupon printed out - $18 - and go spend it. Sadly, I am not in dire need of anything, so I will have to spend it frivolously. Yay frivolity! If anyone has any suggestions on how to use my legitimately gotten gains, please let me know!

Ok, achieved. Phew, that really was pretty easy! Next goal, finish at least one brewpub post - that will have to wait until I figure out what the whole day will entail. Staying with other people, I have to adjust to their lives and schedules. Sometimes, they actually want to spend time with me and mom (or at least one of us). Meanwhile, I will puddle along.

I reached a milestone on my Life and Such Blog. Over 30,000 views! I don't know how many of those are bots - how many are me - how many are random people lost in the interwebs and confused about how they ended up on such a boring blog! But still, I am excited! I wonder how many people are viewing the blog through RSS feeds. And over 600 posts! Isn't that exciting? Maybe it is just me. Now, if everyone of those views had resulted in a sale of Bar Dreams or Diary of a Plate Addict...I am allowed to dream, aren't I? Hey, it is never too late to buy copies and make me a gazillionaire! One post I am going to write one day is the post - if I were financially really, really well off, what would I do.

My other blogs are puttering along. The brewpub blog is my first commercialized blog. I wonder if I will actually make any money from it. Time will tell, of course. The writing blog hasn't been touched in a while. I haven't been doing much writing except on here of course. And I haven't been working on Flippety at all. I have played it quite a bit, but that isn't the same as working on it...

Women. Let's talk about women. As you probably know, I am open to a relationship. Universe, are you listening? Of course the Universe is listening. And who knows, maybe one day it will happen. On the trip, I haven't been meeting a lot of viable women. They are not viable primarily because we obviously don't live anywhere near each other. And most of the women I have been meeting are way too young and inexperienced (no, I am not talking sexually or pharmaceutically - I am talking about life experience) to be of anything more than conversational appeal. Well, there was one woman who was interesting, but she lives in Wales and didn't evince the least little bit of interest in me. Oh well. Meanwhile, life goes on and the potential for a romantic relationship persists!

I had one more thing to write about and I can't think what it is just now. Something interesting and earth shattering no doubt...Nope, it just isn't coming.

Anyway, happy Bonus Post!

2 comments:

kcunninghamster said...

What did you buy at Staples? Enquiring minds want to know.

Augustus said...

I got bandaids, a plastic envelope, three pens, a sneaker keychain, and a thumb drive for $.24!