Saturday, May 3, 2014

Between then and now

I have always liked that turn of phrase. Between then and now - as if time were both time and space.

So, since April 18, what has been happening to keep me from writing? Well, I had a torrid and roller coastery attempt at a Long Distance Relationship. Sadly, in the end, there was nothing there. It was, though, quite enjoyable in parts. And I did so enjoy having someone special in my life in even such an odd way. I will admit that much of my waking time was spent on that, er, relationship? for the past two weeks. Wow, was it really only two weeks? Seemed a lot longer. Weird. Time is weird.

Of course, other things happened during that time. First, the issue with the long past due bill got resolved. I was bearded at my door - we "discussed" the issue and he agreed to take $.50 on the dollar. Surprisingly he wanted to keep us as clients. Whatever. He promised to bill monthly. I will believe it when I see it!

What else? Oh, a lot of stuff has happened at the Smith. More movies of course. I took mom to see two: Ernest and Celestine - which she didn't like - and Charlie Chaplin's The Gold Rush - which I think she did. The week of April 23 was really busy at the Smith and I felt like my head was about to explode at one point. I don't think it actually did, otherwise I might have noticed. I tried to take a day off - last Thursday - and still spent two hours doing Smith work from home! I do see a respite coming later this month - a trip to Maine is the current plan. One more big concert - then a long inhabitation by a dance company. Have to get through those before I am footloose and fancy free for a bit. Yay!

Meanwhile, at home, mom has started a couple new behaviors. The most disconcerting is finding she has fled her bed and gone downstairs to lie down. Maybe I really do need to buy her a new bed. And put a child gate across the top of the stairs. Luckily, she still believes that she can't get around too well, so I am not too worried that she is going to head outside - but that has become a bit more of a possibility at this point. Eeek!

And that is all the big news that I can think of at this point. Oh, I have been playing too much Words of Wonder on Faecbook...

No comments: