Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maybe a monk

My friend Jeff swears that he was a monk in a previous life. Ok, swears might be too strong a word - still he does say it. And it could be true. Lately, I am thinking I might have been one also. Back in the day, there were lots of monks and monkettes. Or wait, nuns? Seemed like a mostly safe place to be. Daily food, a bit of hard work, a bit of not so hard work, lots of chanting. Early to rise, early to bed and all that stuff. In any case, I keep finding myself awake around 3 in the morning. And I feel very creative. So rather than fight it, I take out my laptop and do some writing. Yippee. I usually work for an hour or so and then go back to sleep. Last night, I started a fantasy story and worked on my Flying Saucer book. By the way, I am still looking for a graphic designer to help me with the Plate Addict project. They don't have to be available to work at 3 in the morning...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you were a monk, then you probably did so much prayer/meditation that you saw into this life and beyond, and back. Food for thought. --Sam