Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ear Broken - Two

Adventure of the neti pot! When I got my ear candles at Harmony Farms in Raleigh - cool place, btw - I also splurged and got a neti pot. One of my favorite people, with whom I have lost touch sadly, Mark Sanford, extoled the virtues of the neti pot years back. I had heard of them, just never experienced them. So, with my ear being broken and me knowing that ears and the nose are somehow intertwined, I decided to take the plunge. My largest fear was of drowning. That's right. Drowning. I have had way too many near death experiences with water and I wasn't relishing another one. Today I took that brave step forward. Into the shower I went, neti pot and saline packet in hand (or near by). I put some water in the neti pot - warm, not hot or cold! - and mixed in what I thought was a small amount of the saline powder recommended by the experts at Harmony Farms. Into my nose went the neti pot - I tilted my head to the side and started pouring. I poured about three seconds worth and it started coming out my other nostril, just like it said it would! Yippee! I decided to try the other nostril. Eeeek! It burns! I guess I hadn't stirred the solution enough or something - and my head wasn't tilted enough. Not a pretty picture. True, I didn't drown, but I also wasn't as pleased with this nostril's experience. My ear, sadly, is still broken. And I will neti again - perhaps in my very next shower. We shall see. What to try next? Acupuncture or back to Chiropractic. I am leaning towards acupuncture first.

2 comments:

jrb81 said...

What is a broken ear?

Anonymous said...

Broken ear is, in my case, feeling like my ear should pop (like after a quick descent or ascent) and it not popping regardless of what I try...