Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day/Mom's Birthday


Yes, a twofold day of fun and excitement. Thank you everyone who thought of mom on her day. Lovely flowers from Joe and Ginger! Cards galore and a gift from Ernst and Betty. Juliet is planning to visit later in the month. Mary Flett is planning on visiting over the summer at some point. Lucky mom to have so many people in her life that care about her.

Meanwhile, I have been asked at least 20 times who gave her the flowers. Sigh.

We didn't get around to presents yesterday due to sleep. Mom is having more trouble keeping her eyes open during the day - though she seems really good at being awake at 4 in the morning. 

Finally opened the present from Ernst and Betty! What a great soft stuffed baby chick! A HUGE baby chick. Mom really likes it. Sadly, she thinks I gave it to her, no matter how often I disabuse her of the notion. I have hidden the chocolate, so that mom will not gorge herself and get sick from eating it too quickly. Sigh. 

She was underwhelmed by the huge thing of marzipan I got for her. Go figure.

Today worked out well - though I didn't do a bit of what I wanted to do. Yes, partly through my own fault, partly from the renter's fault. I didn't get a schedule or a break down of the "numbers" until the start of today's rehearsal, so I couldn't get started on programming lights, so that meant that my workers couldn't set light cues for the acts that rehearsed today. Sigh. Still, I got to go to the Marketing Meeting, and I got to feed mom a decent and relaxed dinner. I hope tomorrow works out as well. Anything is possible. Right?

No comments: