Thursday, April 3, 2014

Nice day

Just a nice day all around. The weather was nice. I have had nice email communications with friends. I have started planning a nice trip away for a couple of days. I had a nice day at the Smith. Nice, nice, nice! It is nice when it is nice! Yay nice!

Ok, some not so nice stuff. Mom seems to have slipped another little bit down the cogent ladder. Yay.

At the Smith, I got a good chunk of stuff accomplished. We now the the ability to cue up DVDs before playing them on the big screen. Yippee!! And I ordered some y-connectors for xlr cables. That is really exciting for me. What it means is that I am one step closer to being able to rock our sound at the Smith by running things through our movie sound system - not just our front of house little baby system. Think one amplifier versus 5 amplifiers! And huger speakers. Now, my next missions are to trace the paths of the wires that go from the projection booth to the sound station in the center of the house and to back stage. And to figure out how to get a 100' HDMI cable to function.

I must be one of the laziest people on the planet. I really ought to have done laundry yesterday. It would have been nice to have laundry devices in the house, but I don't. So I didn't go out. Instead, when out to get dinner, I stopped at Walmart and bought myself another pair of black cargo pants. The other pair is sitting in my laundry basket. Ha!

My fruit fly zapping tennis racquet looking devices came yesterday. Yay! It seems, though, that only one is working. But it works really well. I must have fritzed a few hundred of the little buggers already. I know, not very buddhist of me - but the things irk me no end. And I feel if there is such a thing as reincarnation - and transmigration of souls - then, I am just helping the little fellas (and ladies) along. Aren't I sweet?

No comments: