Friday, October 4, 2013

Who is the Person?

I am the person! I rocked it at the Smith yesterday. My intention was to get the house lighting plot rehung, recircuited, refocused and regeled. And all of that got done. Well, one bit still remains, one of the two boom boxes or lighting positions in the front of house still has a little work to be done. Hopefully we will be able to accomplish that during load-in. We shall, of course, see. Anyway, I got there and was immediately pulled in three directions. Luckily, Kate was working with me and started to plug along on getting the house ploy back in shape.

First visitor, John from the Geneva Historical Society. He was borrowing some pipe and draping for an event. He had never used it before, so I gave him a quick training, loaded his truck and sent him on his way. Next, Chuck, the guy who seems to run the bar, came and asked me to get the video working. Sigh. I know nothing to less than nothing about what is wired where regarding the video. I tried a few things and then spoke with the man who had actually installed the camera. I had never noticed it there before! Cool! Then he mentioned that there was a plug/transformer that could have become unplugged. Sure enough, it was. So I plugged it in, fiddled with some wires and amazingly got video. Crappy, ugly video, but lots better than nothing, I hope.

Next, I wanted to get the red lights behind the busts house left fixed. I climbed up there with various things - light bulbs, trash bag, step unit etc. and proceeded to a) put in some bulbs, b) started to clean the space and c) helped focus and replace lamps and regel the boom box on that side. Yay!

Earlier, I had climbed the sixty feet, give or take, up to our grid and catwalk in order to add some weight and take some weight off of some battens. It wasn't all that scary. Yippee!

Oh, I forgot. A potential helper/student came to be interviewed and to get a tour of the Smith. Nice person and I hope that we will work together at some point in the not too distant future.

Mixed into all this, I tried to clean up for the upcoming show. Putting away things, neatening and generally preparing. Yay!

No comments: