Monday, July 7, 2014

Mean People Suck

This is just a quick post to say that mean people do indeed suck. I came back from a morning meeting to find that my bicycle - my new to me bicycle into which I had put a decent amount of time, money and energy, was stolen. Off of my enclosed front porch. Yes, the door was open. Yes, the bike was unlocked. But it was on my front porch. On. My. Front. Porch. What kind of crap is that?

Since Geneva is a small town, I do hope that I will see someone riding my bike one day and I will be able to ask for it back.

I don't think I will report it to the police. Why bother? Really, they are too busy giving people speeding or j-walking tickets. And what would they do in any case? Stop everyone riding a bike and ask if it is mine? They aren't about to do a house to house search. And I haven't put anything particularly identifying on it.

I think I will wait until next summer to get another bike. I can't face buying a new one at this point. And I will probably do things differently. Like put it in a vault whenever I am not using it. Sigh.

No comments: